CSS Navigation Menus Css3Menu.com

 

WELCOME TO THE TOWN OF ISCHUA, NEW YORK


The Town of Ischua was established in 1846 from a divison of the Town of Hinsdale.  When first formed on, February 7, 1846, the present Ischua was know as the "Town of Rice".  The first town meeting was held at the residence of E. Densmore on February  24, 1846.  The first town officers were Frederick Carpenter, Supervisor; Isaac Fuller, Town Clerk; Philo Burlingame, Superintendent of Common Schools; Wm Pitcher, Simon Mallory and AL Barnard, Assessors; and Morgan Titus, F. Carpernter, CC Hatch and Hiram Seavy, Justices of the Peace.  Its name was changed March 27, 1855 from Rice to Ischua.

The Town is on the eastern border of Cattaraugus County, north of Olean, NY.  The population was 859 at the 2010 Census.

Town Hall Hours & Directions
? AM - ? PM, Mon - Fri
1850 Mill Street, Hinsdale NY 14743
Get Directions 
Phone: 716-557-8787  Fax: 716-557-2236


2017 Final Assessment Roll

Weather